Youngstown Lenten fish grill schedule
February 12, 2016 - Supermoon
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – During Lent season, many churches in a Youngstown area are cooking and offered fish each Friday adult until Easter, that is Mar 27, 2016.
Lent began Feb. 10 and lasts 40 days to paint a time that Jesus spent being tempted by a demon in a wilderness, while Easter commemorates Jesus’ rebirth from a dead. The history behind a tradition of eating fish on Fridays is rather cloudy.
Unless differently noted, all locations next will be offered fish each Friday afternoon until Easter, solely Good Friday, that is Mar 25.
- St Brendan’s, 2800 Oakwood, Youngstown
- St Christine, Canfield Rd., Youngstown
- St Maron, on Meridian
- St Charles on Rt. 224 Boardman
- St John a Forerunner Greek Orthodox, 4955 Glenwood Ave., Boardman, 4-8 p.m.
- St. Luke Church, South Ave, Boardman, take-out only
- St Michael’s, 4-8p
- Canfield Lyons Fish Fry, 2/19 and 2/26, 429 Lisbon St., Canfield, Ohio
- St. Patrick’s Church, 367 N Main St, Hubbard, OH 44425
- St. William
- St. Thomas a Apostle, 4453 Warren Sharon Rd, Vienna, 3:30-7p